Monday, November 07, 2005

He Said I Love You

I've already reneged on one of the rules I promised my mom I would commit to - hypocrasy. I received a Kevin Costner movie (The Upside of Anger) from Netflix this weekend. I'm a big Joan Allen fan. Throw in Evan Rachel Wood, Erick Christensen and Keri Russell and I can get over Old Gerkin being in the flick...at least I think I can.

So I went to see Jarhead on Friday night. The movie was PACKED with college boys. It was a decent movie, but it fell short in a lot of ways. It was like I was all in to it and then it just ended. There were some great one-liners and a nice shot of Jake's butt. Peter Sargaard -- I just LOVE him. See Shattered Glass if you haven't already. Also, see Empire (tho' it got terrible reviews) and and The Salton Sea (Val Kilmer so good). (Stacy, don't see Empire because John Leguizamo is in it) So we'll add those two to the hot list this week. (I actually think I've added Jake to the list before.) Blogger is being a pain about uploading photos--so Sarsgaard will come later.

I bought a lot of junk this weekend. I floated in and out of TJ Maxx, Big Lots, The Dollar Tree, Old Navy, Bath and Body Works, Wegmans, A.C. Moore and Target all weekend. Looking at stupid stuff take my mind off of things. I started to read again this weekend too. I read the Ithaca Times, a few pages of Elle and my new book Magical Thinking. My mom loved Augusten Burroughs too.

A few people sent us plants with flowers to the wake. The flowers have all died, but the plants are lovely, so I bought some new potters and replanted them.

My father (Bill) called me a few times this weekend. I didn't have the energy to talk to him. For the first time since I was five he said he loved me. It shocked me to the core. I guess it takes your mother committing suicide for your deadbeat dad to come back into your life. I'm happy that despite all that I've been through in life, I'm still shocked by things. I feel it keeps me innocent.

I'm going to get to work now--as much as I want to stay in bed. Signing off. Love you guys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jillypickle said...

I can't wait to see Jarhead! I've been meaning to pick up the book now for ages. Doubtless I'll ever read it once I see the movie, though. As for P. Sarsgaard, love him too...except for his role in Boys Don't Cry. Creepy.

Glad to hear you're slowly getting back to the same ol'. I love that your repotted the plants! Perfect. :)

xoxo,
J

Kimberlee A. Dworczyk said...

OOHHH - a shot of his butt? wow. Like, I'm there, dude. Tho- I'm surprised there weren't many chicas there to check out the cutiepatootie.

HEY! I just got a dollar tree, and I love it. It's like the cleanest dollar store there is round me (you know that ghetto sto' is still pimping out the good shiz, tho), and it also has some great crap! Amazing!

I love that people gave plants. I think it's just great, as you can associate/symbolize/remember - all those kinds of things. I remember when I knew that Jason was it, and I was totally falling, I gave him a plant for his room in the basement of his parents house which had like little to no life or character. He looked at me like the crackhead that I am, until he read the card, where I asked him, "WILL YOU GROW WITH ME?"

I'm speechless about Bill. Did he ever used to call you? I'm guessing not. I don't blame you for not having the energy.

Anyhow ~ back to work.

Kimberlee A. Dworczyk said...

shans- glad i can slice your cheese.