Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Mysteries Unravel


OK Peeps. I've got some delegating to do -- Stacy and Kimmee, I need you to find all of the Web-based research you could find on dissociative identity disorder while I try and dig out my DSM. Stacy if you could take time away from flirting with the hot young thing at your firm. Kimmee if you could take time away from complaining about your mother-in-law. Just kidding. Seriously, you guys are my best researchers. I need you on the job this week.

Second, I think someone should have been added to the Hot List a very long time ago.

Welcome Joaquin Phoenix (remember when his name was Leaf?).

Anyway, we're very excited to see Walk the Line this weekend. -Andrew FYI - I didn't think you'd have a problem when Stacy and I discussed last night. (P.S.) both of you have your junky food orders in by Thursday when I go shopping.

Anyway, I had a very long convo with my father last night. I can't remember what I said anymore because I had to take another sleeping pill after the phone call. I got everything I was feeling out. It's funny how so many people are feeling blame and guilt, he's the only one with a clean conscience? I'm sorry, but Peter is the only one with a clean conscience.

Anyway, I also spoke to Jane (my mom's former bff) for two hours. Jane and I were very close for many years. About 15 years ago Jane told Gino (her boyfriend at the time; today her husband) and my father that she thought my mother was mentally ill. She said I think she has dissociative identity disorder. Gino said that Jane was crazy. My father shrugged it off. Then I told Jane how my mother used to treat me as a child. She had know idea. My father had know idea. I say I knew her the longest. My father says he knew her the best. 15 years later my mother puts a .38 to her forehead while the kids are in the house and we're all still shocked to shit about it.

10 comments:

Kimberlee A. Dworczyk said...

I'm on the D.I.D. - will email you whatever I find - schazamm!

proud of you girl. just so proud ~ from your uppity a'tude in the beginning of your entry to the strength you have to speak to your family members constantly. And your ability to stand up to cliff. you keep on'a going girl. rock on w/ yo bad ass self.

However, another time, you will have to tell me bout how moms treated you in your youngin days. I feel like I don't know, really.

Annie N. said...

shans -

we'll talk tonight. I know you know about this stuff.

Annie N. said...

kimmee -

thank you for your motivation.

Anonymous said...

Annie:

I was looking for something in my "favorites," ran across your blog and checked in.

I am totally moved by your strength, and particularly your willingness to stand face to face with very difficult realities. I don't know that I would be that strong. In truth, your life since I have known you has been anything but normal. Yet, you have done your very best to help make it resemble "normal" for the family that you love. And that is more than commendable.

I am unbelieveably grateful that you have such loving and kind-hearted friends who "virtually" wrap their arms around you several times every day.

Your letter to your mother was magnificent. Every time I think of it it brings tears to my eyes.

I send you my thoughts, my love. I ask you not to give up on your career and the writing you love. I ask you not to lose yourself to sorrow or anger (not an easy task).

Amy and Peter will always love you as for cliff... I'm too mad at him to think of anything kind to say.

At your very young age, you are a mentor to us all.

xoxox

Kimberlee A. Dworczyk said...

Holy shit. All I can say is: well put.

I'm choking on tears, that was so f'n eloquent.

As much as I'm loving this emotion, I'm hoping this lump in my throat goes away soon and no one notices how I'm feeling.

Annie N. said...

well, we're going to wegman's tomorrow. I'll make sure we're stocked w/ plenty for fruits and veggies. god, i love their produce dept. we need staple junk food tho'. Oreos and nachos.

I'm going to make you guys my new favorite salad this weekend. gonna be soooo good.

Kimberlee A. Dworczyk said...

ooohhhh.. nachos. mi favorita.

Annie N. said...

Thank you Kathryn.

Love,
Annie

Anonymous said...

You're welcome Annie. Everyone have fun this weekend. Hi Andrew!

Annie N. said...

Bring it -

my salad is full on meal - but we'll have leftovers for Sunday. Tell me Andrew, any special ingredients you need. I'm making a Wegman's run t'night?