Monday, November 14, 2005

Where One Life Ends and Another Begins

I'm still trying to kick this cold, but I'm feeling much better today. This weekend we did a million things; I talked to a million people--generally anything to keep myself occupied. I've noticed that between 7-9 p.m. I lose my shit and have a major crying fit.

I went to my usual haunts to occupy my mind--the Pyramid Mall, the Ithaca Bakery, Target and A.C. Moore. We also hit Lowe's on friday night. We bought another orchid plant and what I think is an evergreen tree. I was hoping it would make our house smell like Christmas tree, but no such luck.

Saturday afternoon we went to see Derailed. I would call this your typical 2-star movie. The cast was bizarre, the plot was predictable, but Clive Owen was brilliant. He's a sexy beast. Jennifer Anniston couldn't shake being Rachel Green--even in a thriller. She was much better in Along Came Polly.

Yesterday I spent a lot of time on the phone with various family members. It was nice catching up, but we don't really want to discuss our own lives, we just want to talk about my mother.

My Dad called me this morning having a freakout. He wants me to come home. He needs my help. I said no. Can't do it. Can't leave my work. Can't work efficiently from your house. Can't. Can't. Can't.

There are so many reasons. So many.

2 comments:

Kimberlee A. Dworczyk said...

glad to hear you are feeling better and sounds like you are doing a good job keeping yourself occupied. the crying fits are expected...
whatta you think of A.C.Moore? We just started getting them stores near us, as like a competitor to Michaels craft stores.. my mom loves them. I haven't had time to compare.
Funny, I did the same shit last yr w/ the evergreen tree. didn't work for me either. f'n shit man.
So Derailed wasn't that great, eh? Oh poopie, I was looking forward to seeing - too.
I'm not surprised that family members only wanna talk bout your mother, hopefully over time that will change, or maybe you can steer the convo. good luck, I'm sure that's draining.

Anyways, not sure what to say bout your Dad. I'm sorry. Like AZ said, don't stress. You've been doing good so-far in my eyes.

Annie N. said...

We have a Michaels too. They're just on different sides of town. I think A.C. Moore is the lower-end craft store. They have really good sales.